Good afternoon Warrior Run Community,
We suspect that the topic of reopening schools in the fall is on the minds of many in our community and across the Commonwealth. As always, our primary focus is on ensuring the safety and well-being of our students, families, and employees. However, there are still many unknowns, fears, and anxieties associated with the coronavirus and the impact on our school community as we look to the start of the 20-21 school year. We recognize there may also be uncertainty about sending students back to school even if/when schools are permitted to reopen. Please know that we are here to address the concerns of our families and to ensure that our facilities and learning environments are safe and supportive for our entire school community. While we await guidance from the State, we are developing our own task force comprised of Warrior Run stakeholders that will be dedicated to the sole purpose of planning for the reopening of our schools. Please know that as information becomes available and plans are developed, we will be communicating with our Warrior Run families.
In the meantime, below are a few reminders/updates:
- Submissions for the Warrior Run Virtual Talent Show are due today, May 22nd.
- The week of May 26th marks the final week of new assignments for students in grades K-11. All work should be completed and turned into teachers no later than June 2nd.
- Please review any missing or incomplete assignments with your child(ren) to ensure they have every opportunity to complete all of their work prior to the end of the year. Please contact your child(ren)’s teachers or building principal with any questions.
- Please review the plans for returning school materials (i.e. textbooks, calculators, instruments, Chromebooks, etc.) and/or picking up student belongings that were shared earlier this week by building principals. Thank you in advance for your patience as we work to collect/return items for nearly 1500 students.
- Stay tuned as summer enrichment opportunities are being developed – these learning opportunities will be shared with families later this summer.
As the school year is beginning to wrap up and with one week of distance learning remaining, the frequency of our updates will change after June 5th. We appreciate the feedback received regarding our weekly updates and wish to continue providing periodic updates as information becomes available throughout the summer months. Thank you again for your understanding, flexibility, and support over the past two (2) months – we are truly grateful for our entire Warrior Run Community!
Have a wonderful holiday weekend!